The good news is that compared to other real estate classes, seniors housing and care is seen as more need based. Baby boomers continue to age and people are living longer. While we will always deal with short term question marks, there remains a real need for assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities in the post-pandemic world ahead. With hikes in lumber and other construction costs, as well as longer project completion rates, buying looks more attractive to potential purchasers. It is our rm belief that the rebounding merger and acquisition activity we have begun to see will continue to grow through 2022 and beyond and for many decades to come.
TODAY’S TOP 5 TECH TRENDS
DID YOU KNOW?
- State laws generally require tax assessors to value only real estate and not include the intangible value.
- Long term care costs have increased faster than the rate of inflation since 2004 and are expected to further increase by more than 5% in the next six months.
- New Development trends include high-end resort style amenities with multiple restaurants, dedicated tech rooms and even wine cellars.
- An American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry study indicates that the use of video chat technologies by seniors may lower risk for developing depression even years later.
- Smaller senior communities of less than 50 units sold at the highest average cap rates while the largest communities (90+ units) sold at the lowest cap rates/highest prices.
NOTABLE / QUOTABLE
Confidentiality assured approach
Commercial Association of Realtors award winning broker
PLEASE CALL US FOR ALL YOUR SENIORS HOUSING BROKERAGE & CONSULTING NEEDS